Please submit the following information by cutting and pasting the completed appropriate section below into an email to us and we’ll give your machine network access.
There are two possibilities for an IP address. If your device is portable (e.g., a laptop), it will be given a dynamic IP via DHCP. Otherwise, if the device (e.g., desktop or server) needs a fixed address, it will be assigned a static IP.
Dynamic IP request
- What kind of device is this? (e.g., laptop)
- Who does it belong to?
- What is the MAC address of the wired NIC not the wireless one. See this HOWTO to find yours.
Static IP request
- What kind of device is this?
- What OS does it run?
- Which faculty member owns the device?
- Where will the machine be located? (building and room)
- What internet hostname would you like it to have?
- What is the MAC address (see the dynamic IP request section, above)?